New Beginnings Ministries / Recovery Program
New Beginnings Ministries, Inc.
"Breaking The Chains of Addiction"
Rebuilding lives. Strengthening communities. Restoring hope.
The Christian 12 Steps of Recovery
A Faith-based, inhouse recovery program designed to Help You become Drug Free
Find the hope and inspiration you need to free yourself of drugs and alcohol at our center in Brewton, Alabama. The following 12 steps
are one portion of the actions that you need to take in Recovery to produce the changes in you that will lead to your no longer being drug dependent.
1. Admitted we were powerless over drugs and alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable. Honesty—Admission that
there is a problem.
2. Came to believe that only through God could our lives be restored to sanity. Hope—Divine Revelation, Being Saved, Born Again,
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God. Faith—Trust in God, End of self-will, beginning of God's Will.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Confession and sober assessment of ourselves.
5. Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs. Integrity in repentance and asking
6. We're entirely ready for God to remove all these defects of character. Being open to the grace of God and obtaining His forgiveness.
7. Humbly asked him to remove our shortcomings. The old man is dead, we are new men, we abide in Christ and He in us.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all. Showing a willingness for atonement.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others. Amends to make
restitution, reparations, and paying our debts.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it. Accountability in through sober assessment and
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will and by
maintaining and growing our faith.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to take this message to others still suffering, and practice these
principles in all our affairs. Spreading the Word by attending church. Bible study and doing service work.